Abbeyfield is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to making the lives of older people easier and more fulfilling. Abbeyfield helps people to live independently by providing a range of services, all of which are linked to the local community.
Abbeyfield currently has over 700 houses and 80 care homes across the UK, and are adding to these numbers by constantly developing new facilities.
What we offer:
- We offer rented accommodation in supported sheltered houses across the UK
- At the centre of every Abbeyfield house is a professional house manager who's employed to ensure that the house is comfortable, clean and safe
- The majority of houses offer two nutritious home-cooked meals every day
- Many have en-suite facilities and communal lounges and dining room and attractive gardens
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- A warm and homely atmosphere created by the Staff and Volunteers who are linked to each house
- 24 hour care services tailored to individual requirements
- Some homes offer nursing care or provide special facilities for the care of older people with dementia
- Well trained and qualified staff
- A professional manager
- All rooms have emergency call alarms
- Many have en-suite facilities/ communal lounge/dining room and attractive gardens
- Many homes have visiting hairdressers/chiropody services and GP surgeries
- We also have 80 care homes that provide 24-hour care for residents too frail to live in supported sheltered housing. Under the supervision of a professional manager our staff provide a quality of care that exceeds the standards set out in the government document 'Care Homes for Older People'. Some of our societies are currently developing services and facilities for caring for residents with dementia
Each of our societies is guided by the beliefs that:
- Older people have an important role to play among their families, friends and their communities
- Overcoming loneliness and insecurity can make all the difference to an older person's quality of life
- People have an essential part to play in helping older people within their community
Our teams of volunteers and professional staff offer practical support and companionship to residents within the comfort of their own community. Residents enjoy an assisted independent lifestyle free from the hassles of running a household and the concerns of dealing with loneliness.